Published by: Daisy Gregg
“Fetch!” “Sit!” “Oh Good boy (or Girl)!”
When you hear these things with the shouty inner voice in your head, what is the first thing you think of?? Dogs! You guessed it! In my opinion, pets are one of the most important things in our lives and they deserve only the best (aside from daily steak, let’s be real)! With all the unconditional love and snuggles they give with no thought of anything in return, they are truly special creatures. Dogs and cats hold special places in our hearts. Paws up, (see what I did there…?) this blog will mainly focus on activities for dogs and the things available for dog lovers around Austin. But, don’t worry I will be coming at you again with cat related items also! We can’t forget about them! But let’s be honest this list was easier to get and since this blogging thing is new, I went the easy way out! So enjoy this list and pictures of puppies!!
Yard Bar: 6700 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78757
- Great Atmosphere with plenty to eat and drink!
- There is a charge for pets to play in dog park.
- The dog park has a full bar and agility training aspects to keep the pups active!
Doghouse Drinkery: 3800 Co Road 175, Leander, Texas 78641
- This eatery is situated on 2.5 acres!
- And dogs are allowed in any bar area.
- The off-leash area does carry a fee!
Redbud Isle: 3401 Redbud Trail, Austin, Texas 78746
- 13 acres of gorgeous scenery and hiking areas.
- Not to mention the marvelous swimming for your pup!
- Just keep in mind that there aren’t many parking spots…
Onion Creek District Park: 7001 Onion Creek Drive, Austin, Texas 78744
- Off-leash and stocked with doggie stations
- Kids playgrounds abound so be careful and keep the dog on a leash in those areas
Auditorium Shore: Off Leash Area
- Town Lake access for the pups to romp in the water!!
- And only partially fenced so better for dogs with good recall control
Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park: 12138 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, Texas 78753
- 200 Acres! Enough said!
Harris Ridge Dog Park: Sebastian Bend, Pflugerville, Texas 78660
- Different area for small and large dogs, so you can choose who they meet!
Shoal Creek Greenbelt: 2600 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, Texas 78705
- Amazing views with historical markers.
- Located near UT!
- Over a mile of off-leash walking!
Thanks for reading and credit for pictures goes to Christine Pease, for lovely pictures of her dog Luca, and Kristie Heinemann, with her dog Tydon, and Rover.com for some of the helpful information!