Published by: Christine Pease
June 28, 2018
Well hello summer! We've been expecting you! Yes, summers in Texas are hot and should be spent next to water eating ice cream, flavored ice or sipping or favorite iced lemonade or sweet tea. Tea and lemonade are a staple for a hot Texas summer but why don't we mix things up a bit? When my husband first told me about bananas and peanut butter I wasn't immediately sold. I don't have much of an imagination and just assumed peanut butter was best used for PB&J sandwiches and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Now, I like a little variety in my life so I've opened myself up to the idea of mixing bananas with peanut butter and was delighted to try this recipe! It's easy and keeps your body cool!
What you'll need:
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 6 ounces of chocolate, chopped
Let's Get Busy
- Insert a wooden stick into each banana half. Freeze the bananas and the peanut butter cups for about 2 hours
- Meanwhile, heat the chocolate in a double boiler or medium heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- Chop the frozen peanut butter cups. Line a plate with parchment paper
- Coat the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze on the prepared plate until firm, 4-5 minutes.
Serve immediately and chill!
What I love most about this recipe is you have no need to write it all down and save it in a recipe box. It's just so quick and simple that even a rookie chef can pull this off and wow their friends and family!