Published by: Christine Pease
March 26, 2020
So, we're quarantined due to the Corona Virus! We're all trying to get used to this "new normal", right? Well, in light of the virus and all the news updates, we need to keep our spirits high and a positive attitude. There is a famous quote we're all familiar with, "This too shall pass". So, hang in there friends and we'll get through this time together and with grace and dignity!
What better why to pass the time at home than putting together a chef's masterpiece! That's right you guys, a chef's masterpiece! This dish is so yummy and delicious, you'll surely please the whole family with this one! Even if they don't like shrimp!
Before you head to the grocery store and wait in line to just get inside, write down a few ingredients you'll need. Who knows, maybe you'll already have everything you need at home!
- 4 slices center cut bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. butter lettuce (chopped)
- 1 small corn on the cobb (grilled or roasted)
- 1 oz. blue cheese or gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. diced avocado (1 half small haas)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Putting It All Together
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp and the fat is rendered.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel using a slotted spoon.
- Remove all but 1 teaspoon of the bacon grease and disgard the rest.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, until opaque. Remove and chop into bite sized pieces.
- To assemble the salad toss everything together in a large bowl.
- Serve right away, drizzled with 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper!