One of the most exciting parts of expecting a baby is decorating the nursery. Today’s young parents are shunning the traditional pink and blue for more contemporary styles that blend with the rest of the home. With themes ranging from boho to Mid-Century Modern, there are options for all styles and budgets.
5 Nursery Design Trends to Try in 2022
1. Sophisticated Colors – The nursery should blend with the style of the home. Gone are the jarring pastels that graced former baby rooms.
2. Multi-Purpose Furniture – Even if space is not a concern, multi-function furniture prevents a cluttered look. Daybeds or sofa beds can provide for guests as well as offer seating.
3. Accent Walls – An accent wall makes a great statement, especially in a small space. With stick-on products that range from bold patterns to subtle textures, even renters can make use of this design tip.
4. Personalize – A simple frame turns a handprint into a masterpiece. Add personal touches such as family pictures, framed keepsakes, or greeting cards.
5. Natural Elements – Natural fibers and themes have made their way into the nursery. Wicker, rattan, natural cotton, or wool; from the patterns to the fibers, natural materials keep baby comfortable and trendy.
Baby nurseries are part of the home. Contemporary parents are looking for new ways to decorate that complement, not compete, with the rest of the home.